Citroen Xantia ABS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My ABS light is always on, have just replaced the rear pads as they needed doing for the MOT & discovered the driver's side rear ABS sensor is broken. I am hoping to replace this this week. I have heard that only a Citroen garage can turn the light off though, does anyone know if this is true? If it is its a bit crafty of Citroen, I don't really want to pay loads of money for them to turn a light out. How much do you think it will cost me or is there a way of doing it myself without taking out the fuse!! I need this light off for the MOT otherwise they won't even look at the car.
Thanks, sam

Sponsored Links
not sure about citroens but some abs lights will go out when the sensor is changed,try disconnecting the offending sensor and see if the light stays on

Replace the sensor and see what happens. I'm pretty sure it'll detect the change and all will be well.
If the light is still on , disconnect the battery overnight and plug it back in the next day. This should (hopefully) clear any fault which is logged

After sensor replacement make sure you drive it above 5mph to allow the ECU to detect the new sensor! I think it should go to intermittant fault and the light should go out ;)

Sponsored Links
IF THIS IS THE ONLY ABS FAULT IN THE SYSTEM THE LIGHT WILL GO OUT WHEN YOU REPLACE IT YOU MAY HAVE TO DRIVE IT 100 YARDS OR SO FOR IT TO GO OUT ABS SENSORS ARE POOR TEST WITH OHMS METER SHOULD HAVE ABOUT 900 /1200 OHOMS IF BROKEN IT WILL BE OPEN CIRCUIT WOBBLE HARNESS WHEN TESTING SENSORS ARE CHEAPER FROM EURO PARTS OR GERMAN SWEDISH AND FRENCH BIRMINGHAM BRANCH NUMBER IS 01216267970 I HAVE HAD MORE THAN ONE SENSOR GO AT A TIME

Back