Citroen Berlingo Hand Brake Light and Brake Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When slowing down in my Citroen Berlingo Van 600D LX, the hand brake light flashes on and off sometimes stays on for a few seconds, the work "BRAKE" flashes on and off on the dash just below the speedo and I get an audible warning beeping.
Have had all the brakes checked, front dics and pads are okay as are the rear drum brakes. All come up as pass on the MOT brake test machine.
Any suggestions please

Sponsored Links
On some vehicles the lamp doubles up as a brake warning indicator, things like the brake fluid level may cause it to light. Have you got a handbook for the van as it may tell you in there what it is.

Brake fluid level is okay and switch and wiring on level indicator appear to be working normally. Hand book is not very good dosent really tell you anything. The pictures displays don't even show the same facia as is fitted to the vehicle, but its the handbook supplied with the van

A couple of thoughts on this...

Do you have wear indicators on the pads? Some pads have a small wire comnig out of them with a small metal strip embedded within the friction lining. When pressed this comes into contact with the disc and completes the circuit brings up a "fleating/flickering" light on the dash somewhere. How old are the pads? Just because it past the MOT doesnt mean the pads are ok....

ABS fitted? Dodgy ABS wheel sensor...not unusual for these to become damaged driving through large puddles or being hit by objects.

Short/loose connection (electrical) in the brake circuit....fleating earth contact coming loose?

Pressure sensor on the servo/servo duff?

Sponsored Links
Just found this site, I had this light problem about a year ago , fixed it by over filling the brake fluid slightly , the problem has now returned a year later , not going to top up as it will be going in for a service soon and no doubt the brake linings must be getting low which is making the fluid low

Back