Citroen Xantia leaking LHM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 1999 Xantia has a LHM fluid leak that drips on the near side part of the engine. Drips appear on the ground near the front NS wheel arch area.

Any suggestions/guidance welcome

Sponsored Links
Whats LHM fluid?

LHM is the green hydraulic fluid used in the suspension/brake system of Citroen`s.

Is it near the wheel arch or actually dripping over the bottom of the wheel to the ground, if its leaking down the ram/bottom arm or over the wheel it might simply be a split return pipe that is strapped to the inboard side of the hydraulic ram. If you can be more specific about the location of the leak I might be able to help more :D

I suggest you take it to your nearest Citroen dealer and let them have a look.

Sponsored Links
In the spirit of DIY I might have said something like; if you can get to the pipe it's leaking from, just flatten the pipe with a hammer until it stops leaking. But given the consequences of LHM fluid leaking in that area, or any other area for that matter, I think I gave very good advice.

Whats LHM fluid?

LHM is the green hydraulic fluid used in the suspension/brake system of Citroen`s.

Is it near the wheel arch or actually dripping over the bottom of the wheel to the ground, if its leaking down the ram/bottom arm or over the wheel it might simply be a split return pipe that is strapped to the inboard side of the hydraulic ram. If you can be more specific about the location of the leak I might be able to help more :D

There's a coil of pipe pointing downwards that you can see if you look under the car just inside of the front n/s wheel.
The LHM seems to gather on that coil & also on part of the inner wheel arch. Nothing dripping over the tyre/wheel though.

Back