City firms prepare to shift £800bn out of UK as Brexit looms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out your pension fund, and then come back to us...The FTSE is barely above 2016 levels, and lower than it would have been.

And whilst you're at it look at the sterling vs euro/dollar exchange rate and how much extra you've paid in higher inflation, let alone those extra holiday expenses...

Then put those costs up against the 39p a day that membership of the EU costs you!
(although that of course is the average cost, so most people pay much less)

You haven't answered the link between the value of the FTSE 100 (which is still higher than it was pre-referendum) and the total cost of EU membership.

You, much like Prof. Grayling have a habit of deflecting from the actual question and answering by talking about something completely different.

Talking pension pots and currency value is even further from the original statement.

Sponsored Links
deflecting from the actual question

so the original point was "City firms prepare to shift £800bn out of UK as Brexit looms"

Can you tell us please, in what way you think the UK will be better off as a result of resigning our EU membership?

Which is why the Brexers take care to avoid answering such questions as

"How will trade with the EU27 work?"

"In what way will Britain benefit from resigning membership/"

"Where are these untapped markets you speak of that we currently can't trade with, but will after resigning?"

"Which of the available options do you want?"

"How will the Irish border work?"

"Is there any way in which Britain will be better off after resigning?"

"Will we have to meet EU standards if we wish to export to them?"

"Will leaving the EU cut immigration from China and India?"

"How many additional Customs Officers will we need to recruit and train before Brexit?"
Know for sure that we are sick of EU!!!

so the original point was "City firms prepare to shift £800bn out of UK as Brexit looms"

Can you tell us please, in what way you think the UK will be better off as a result of resigning our EU membership?
No.but we leaving anyway.

Sponsored Links

We won't be tied to it or the trading block. Many see that as a benefit in the long term, one I tend to agree with.

I don't to continually stick to the short term thinking of financial loss or gain by multinationals who couldn't give a toss about me or even you.

We won't be tied to it or the trading block.

In what way do you think Britain will be better off as a result of resigning from the EU?

saying "we'll have resigned" is not an answer.

In what way do you think Britain will benefit from resigning from the EU?

saying "we'll have resigned" is not an answer.

Of course it is. It's simply convenient to be tied to the EU for trade but we can't negotiate globally as we are, only with the collective say so of the EU.

Are you going to continually rehash the same the old despite the fact it has absolutely no relevance given the fact we are leaving in whatever capacity it may be?

Continually asking the same question just to point score will change absolutely nothing; as I've already said. People have been happy for a long time with many aspects of our EU membership. I can only answer for what benefit I see as the next might have seen a different benefit.

Why not answer the ACG link between that I've noticed you have a thumbs up to. It has about as much relevance to the current position.

I'm more the type of person to roll up my sleeves and get on with it, strikes me you're the sort to moan about it and hope it goes away.

Well go on then

so tell us in what way the UK will be better off. What do you think the benefit will be?

If I keep repeating myself endlessly what do you expect to gain? Are you going to get T May on the blower and tell her to call it off because someone on a forum suggested something you don't agree with?

I'm not sure if you struggle with reading comprehension or what but I've stated in two posts now what I think would be a benefit.

And here's the resolve, you had a forum to voice your opinion and 17 odd million voiced theirs in the contrary so I ask again, is your goal to constantly rehash the same old in a hope something will change?

It won't.

If I keep repeating myself endlessly what do you expect to gain?

If you keep failing to answer, what do you hope to gain?

Sammy: "I think we should burn all our white shirts"

Me: "Why? What do you think we will gain?"

Sammy: "Because we won't have white shirts any more"

Me: "But what's the benefit in not having white shirts?"

Sammy: "Because we won't have white ones any more"

Me: "But what's the benefit?"

Sammy: "Not having white shirts is the benefit"

If you keep failing to answer, what do you hope to gain?

Sammy: "I think we should burn all our white shirts"

Me: "Why? What do you think we will gain?"

Sammy: "Because we won't have white shirts any more"

Me: "But what's the benefit in not having white shirts?"

Sammy: "Because we won't have white ones any more"

Me: "But what's the benefit?"

Sammy: "Not having white shirts is the benefit"

JD has never looked at an atlas it seems. The world is bigger than the EU27.

When you resign from the golf club, the remaining members will continue to play. One of them might park his car in the vacant space that you formerly used.

Stop whining.
So we will park in his vacant spot!.Simples

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back