City firms prepare to shift £800bn out of UK as Brexit looms

Status
Not open for further replies.
JD has never looked at an atlas it seems. The world is bigger than the EU27.

Do you mean that you have looked at an atlas and it tells you there is a benefit from resigning from the EU? What is the benefit that you have in mind?

Sponsored Links
Do you mean that you have looked at an atlas and it tells you there is a benefit from resigning from the EU? What is the benefit that you have in mind?

Are you thick or just ignoring everything I've said?

no and no.

What is the benefit that you foresee when you look at your atlas?

no and no.

What is the benefit that you foresee when you look at your atlas?

I've said it now several times. If you can't comprehend what I've said that's unfortunate but I'm not going to continually repeat myself in hope that you eventually do.

Sponsored Links
I've said it now several times.

You haven't actually said any benefits. "Atlas" isn't a benefit. You might think that there is a benefit related to the word, but you haven't said what you think it is.

True, but Barnier tried prising Euro trading away a few years back. He failed and has hated the UK ever since. I wonder why he was chosen for Brexit negotiator......

I can't remember Barnier doing that - he was for tougher regulation on Bankers and Bankers bonuses as well as Basel III - the City didn't like him as they wanted to remain unregulated. The regulations affected all financial institutions no matter if they were in Paris or London. Barnier from a centre right party so he isn't an anti-capitalist - he was more attuned to the idea of regulating banks post crisis.

You have a link or some article as I don't think that claim holds up.

You haven't actually said any benefits. "Atlas" isn't a benefit. You might think that there is a benefit related to the word, but you haven't said what you think it is.

Ok John.

I've said it now several times. If you can't comprehend what I've said that's unfortunate but I'm not going to continually repeat myself in hope that you eventually do.
Might as well bang your head off the wall as tell moaners anything,,they aint listening

The benefit of trading with the worlds largest, most prosperous trading bloc that is on our doorstep is very clear. To say, look at an atlas, there are other places, is like anybody here suggesting that they don't need to work for people in their own county, because there are 47 other counties in the UK where you can get work. Hand's up who is happy to drive for more than 2 hours to a job.

Hand's up who is happy to drive for more than 2 hours to a job.

I work all over the country. Some people drive for a living. Silly argument.

The benefit of trading with the worlds largest, most prosperous trading bloc that is on our doorstep is very clear.

It's Infront of the USA by about $500bn in terms of global trade but the top 5 trading nations in the world (2 of them being in the EU and we're one of them) combined exceed the EU total by $8841bn.

Considering the EU is made up of 27 countries and only 5 of those make it into the top 10 trading nations doesn't make the EU sound all that prosperous.

It is however of great benefit to some of the poorest countries in it as they have seen the most growth from being a member state, the bottom ten countries in terms of growth are also the most wealthy.

Our largest single export market is the USA and we export to plenty more who are outside of the EU however we still have to play by the EU rule book on trade.

You haven't answered the link between the value of the FTSE 100 (which is still higher than it was pre-referendum) and the total cost of EU membership.

You, much like Prof. Grayling have a habit of deflecting from the actual question and answering by talking about something completely different.

Talking pension pots and currency value is even further from the original statement.

I have posted this before.

https://www.inet.ox.ac.uk/news/Brexit

This claim merits proper examination to determine, precisely, how the UK, US, Germany and France have done since 1973, the year in which the UK joined the EU. Per capita GDP of the UK economy grew by 103%, exceeding the 97% growth of the US. Within the EU, the UK edged out Germany (99%) and clobbered France (74%).

The UK’s growth has exceeded the US while tracking it, even since the crisis of 2008. This makes it hard to argue that the EU is dragging the UK down. Alternatively, compare this to the UK’s performance during the “glory days” of the Empire from 1872 to 1914. Back then Britain’s per capita growth was only 0.9% per year, in contrast to its robust 2.1% since joining the EU.

So to link it to the FTSE you simply need to accept that does economic growth filter through to the FTSE 100.

I work all over the country. Some people drive for a living. Silly argument.

It's Infront of the USA by about $500bn in terms of global trade but the top 5 trading nations in the world (2 of them being in the EU and we're one of them) combined exceed the EU total by $8841bn.

Considering the EU is made up of 27 countries and only 5 of those make it into the top 10 trading nations doesn't make the EU sound all that prosperous.

It is however of great benefit to some of the poorest countries in it as they have seen the most growth from being a member state, the bottom ten countries in terms of growth are also the most wealthy.

So what is your point? Are you against trading blocs? Trade agreements?

So to link it to the FTSE you simply need to accept that does economic growth filter through to the FTSE 100.

It still doesn't show any relevance to FTSE capitalisation and the cost of EU membership.

You're linking the FTSE value with being a member of, not the cost of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back