CK tools quality drop?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got one or two tools made by CK, mainly for light electrical work. Always thought they were decent quality, if not the absolute best.

Just picked up a pair of automatic wire strippers, model 95001. They feel rather cheap and it was a bit of a surprise. Slippery/shiny plastic grips, a strange clicking feel in the hand due to grips being poorly seated, sharp edges (not the cutters obviously!) and just an overall air of a low end tool.

Now in fairness, I think they cost about £20, so I'm not expecting top notch kit at that price, but I was surprised about the price being so low also. I suppose I'd expected to pay around £70 for such a tool or maybe more.

Bought from a reputable retailer.

Since I haven't bought anything by CK for about 10 years, have they gone the way of el'cheapo or might a counterfeit tool have sneaked into the supply chain, which seems to happen from time to time?

Anyone noticed the same or perhaps its just me?

Sponsored Links
And this just as I am looking to replicate my 30yr old CK long nosed pliers?

<< Keeps an eye on replies.

cheap ones are usually not great, and probably find it difficult to replace the ones you have had for 30 years and got used to. I have always rated Knipex

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back