What brand of angle grinder discs are highest quality/ best regarded?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought a 125mm angle grinder for a few jobs around the house. I'm in the process of choosing a selection of discs for a range of tasks which I won't go into, as the question I have is fairly broad... which is:

What brand(s) are well regarded for being high quality for angle grinder discs & attachments?

My personal approach when buying any tool attachments is to buy branded, and attempt to seek out higher quality accessories that make faster work of the job at hand/ last longer etc. Of course branded isn't necessarily always better, but you get the point!

However being new to the world of angle grinders, I'm feeling a bit lost. There are a whole bunch of brands I hadn't heard of before (Norton, Faithful, many many more) as well as the more known tool brands (DeWalt, Stanley, Bosch etc). Being a newbie I can't find much that differentiates them all. Or maybe there isn't and it doesn't matter?!

Would appreciate your thoughts and if there's anything in particular I should be looking out for. Thanks!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Norton or Bosch for me, but realistically what’s in stock.
Slitting discs (1mm) are great for metals; get some for stone as well as steel. Proper grinding discs for steel are quite heavy, so don’t cut with them.....thinner discs are available for that.
All discs have an expiry date due to the binding resin deteriorating but most people ignore that!
Keep them dry, and circular flap wheels are amazing for shifting rust and welding scale.
John :)

Don't forget to ensure that you buy a full face mask suitable for grinder use.

You can google grinder in face/shattered grinder disc for why this s an absolute must.

For slitting discs, they often have them in lidl/aldi, pack of 10 for £4, and I've found them totally fine

Sponsored Links
Hi, Best blade I bought for my angle grinder was a diamond cutter for stone/bricks/pavers etc. Been in use for a year or two and still cuts like new. Can't remember what brand it was, but similar to the one below:

disc.jpg
Erbauer Masonry/Stone Segmented Diamond Cutting Blade 125 x 22.2mm | Diamond Segmented Blades | Screwfix.com

I would recommend these for cutting metal:

Screenshot_20220504-233259.png

The main advantage is that the diameter of the blade (which determines the depth of cut) stays pretty much the same throughout the life of the blade.

I'm with tricky-dicky, I've had the large version of that erbauer jobby in both my grinders for the last couple of years, it's cut block paving, lintels, stone, blah blah blah.

Normally I'd buy Bosch, but these are long lasting.

Whatever is on offer in Aldi, or Blue spot off Amazon or Ebay.

Ive used branded and expensive discs and find that they are no better in performance or longevity.

I've always use Bosch or Dewalt discs, and on Amazon they are pretty cheap. Brands like Faithful I don't trust, had dodgy (cheap) tools from them, so for something spinning so fast, its a no-no

If cutting tiles, I have always been happy with Spectrum and Macrist diamond disks.

Personally, I would steer clear of Silverline disks.

TBH, I seldom cut metals but if cutting stainless helifix bars, I use which ever diamond blade is in my angle grinder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back