Cladding options - Cedral weatherboard or Freefoam?

You should be insulating between the studwork leaving an inch gap so when you fit the membrane on the studwork you will have an inch gap behind, then fit you batons to the studwork which will give you another gap behind the cladding.
Not sure if I have read this correctly but you want to leave an unvented void between the sheeting and the insulation? So:
pb - stud work with insulation- void- sheeting - more insulation - membrane - batons (vented void)- cladding
This is real bad idea, you should not have any unvented voids in the building fabric especially between two layers of insulation, you will get condensation and stale air in there.

Sponsored Links
Sorry what I was should have said was there will be an inch gap behind the membrane.
I don't understand two layers of insulation?

Hi - I'm interested in doing the same - my house is single skin blockwork upstairs, and I want around 50-75ml of kooltherm insulation - my concern is even if we have 400ml between the batons, and heavy duty screws into the blockwork, would there be play on the batons when adding the weatherboards, due to having 50/75 ml of the screw through the insulation before it got to the brick?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back