Cladding underlay for a shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm building a 2sqm 'shed'. This will initially be a playhouse, but will later become a shed or even outside office. I'm framing it using 3x2, the floor is 18mm ext ply and will be likely be covered with laminate (have some spare) or floor tiles. Outside will be 19mm thick loglap.
I am not planning to insulate and internally clad at this stage, but I may in future. With this in mind, should I use an underlay between the frame and the outer cladding? I assume I would also need to add some 2x1 to the frame over the cladding to create a space between the underlay and the cladding for air circulation?

Weathertight™ High Resistance Non Permeable Roof Underlay looks good at £30 for all I need. Is it worth doing this now as it won't be practical to do it later without removing all the cladding.

On a related subject, I intend to felt over 13mm OSB for the roof. Should or could I use the same underlay for that? So it would be rafter, underlay, perluns, then felt?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back