Clarification of L1B rendering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Can someone please clarify part L1B regarding external rendering replacement? Section 5.8 to be exact.

The property in question is a 1930s 3 bed semi, rendered upper half accounting for a little under half of each wall. 3 walls in total, front, side and rear.

The plan is to have it stripped and re-rendered.

My interpretation is it is less than 50% of each wall and less than 25% of the entire building envelope therefore is permitted to do without any notification.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Your interpretation seems correct, but just because you appear to be a little close to the treshold, I'd run it by your local building control office first.

Thanks, I did contact them and they tried to send me an application and claim it was 25% of the external area. Upon querying it I got an unclear clarification so am none the wiser.

I am happy I understand the text, but the example afterwards goes on to discuss an extension wall and why that WOULD be applicable, which makes it all very unclear again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back