Outbuilding permitted development

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Soon moving into a 2 bed row of terraced houses.
Each house has a yard that is 6m long and 4m wide

I am putting an outbuilding in and will all fall under permitted development (taking up less than 50% of space at back of property and less than 2.5m total height)

Is there a minimum distance said outbuilding has to be from the rear wall of my property (ie. Where kitchen window is)

TIA

Sponsored Links
The only thing that relates to distance from the house is for properties/land within designated land, i.e. national parks and the Broads, Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, conservation areas and World Heritage Sites.

Ah that's great thanks. So as long as it's less than 2.5m in height and less than 50% area of my yard I'm all good?

Sponsored Links
If you have a small front garden, you can add that to the curtilage area, meaning you could build on a little more than 50% of the yard area, depending on how big the front garden is.
If you come directly off the footpath with no garden, you are limited to 50% of the yard area.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back