Planning permission first & lawful development certificate second

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I’m looking at building an outbuilding at the bottom of the garden which can fall into permitted development if I keep the height under 2.5m.

I was looking to build slightly higher to gain some extra headroom, 3m would be the ideal at the ridge.

If i was to apply for planning first with the height at 3m, and for any reason this was declined, can i then build under permitted development at 2.5m and obtain a ldc?

Thanks for the help!

Sponsored Links
I've recently done this. Our outbuilding is only 7m from the closest neighbouring house. between us is a 2.1m fence. On my application I showed that a 2.5m wall tight against the boundary (PD) had far more overshadowing effect than my proposed building with 2.3m eaves, 3.3m ridge and 1m from fence. Even though it is on the S side of the neighbour property. Passed no problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back