Classic heat exchanger blockage?

Replaced the heat exchanger problem sorted, plenty of heat to the rads. It was a nightmare though, they sent be one off a balanced flue model so i had to change the plugs/stat pockets and backplate too.

Sponsored Links
I dont see why you were unable to chemically clean the heat exchanger!

f3 is normally very good if you are using a power flushing unit
if the he is blocked and you did'nt want to do a power flush fernox have 2 very good chemicals
heavy duty restorer which you leave in system for up to 4 weeks
ds4o where you leave in system for 4 hours and you don'nt need a power flushing unit for either

Sponsored Links
fernox themselves reccommend the f3 to be used with a power flushing unit
the chemicals are'nt strong enough on their own
the power flushing unit only gives about 2 bar pressure but it allows you to alternate the flow which in itself loosens the debris
you don't have to use as much or as strong a chemical
also a power flush only removes approx 80/90% of debris

I would have thought two bottles on a 9 rad system for 3 weeks or so would be enough, obviously not!

I've only ever used either F3 or X400, might have to try a few others. How long can X800 be left in the system for? Does it need a neutraliser?

you can leave it in for a week if you want
but it has done it's work after approx 4 hrs
x800 was designed to work with a power flush
it does not need a neutraliser

the fernox ds40 is the ideal chemical for very dirty systems and that comes with neutraliser
the fernox heavy duty restorer needs to be left in an operating system for up to a month at normal temp this does not need a neutraliser

the ds40 changes colour when it is used up and changes when enough neutraliser is added

DS40 is still available in the older and better format.

The one with the colour indicator is inside a cardboard box and seems to have little of the active components compared with the other type although the indicator is very good.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back