clay plastering onto clay lump walls.

T

thatbloke

has anyone on here used clay plasters before? i was going to use lime but thought id ask about clay before i made up my mind.

Sponsored Links
nearest I got to it was adobe on the computer :idea: Is it an ancient Wattle and Daub wall you`re repairing

most of the house is wattle and daub built sometime in the late 1400's early 1500's and most of that is still intact , although the panels of daub have shrunken a bit over the years.
this part of the house though is a more recent addition , probably late victorian although there is a reference to 1912 carved into one of the doors.
it is built from great big clay blocks made from clay , straw and aggregate put in a mould then left to air dry.
i need to get a plaster for this internally and was going to use lime and hair but ive seen clay plasters and although not traditional to the house i quite fancied the idea of clay instead of lime.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back