Cleaning a new CH system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just finished installing a new CH system throughout the house. I've pressure tested pipework and happy that this works.

What I want to do next to clean the system out as it'll be few months before boiler is installed and its commissioned. There is flux on the inside of the pipes and bits of debris that have fallen into the pipes as I've been dragging them through dust in places (some of the pipework is fitted in a 2 foot crawl space).

Whats the best way of cleaning this out? Should I connect radiators and just fill the whole system up with mains water or should I bridge the radiators with some plastic pipe and just flush out the pipework (radiators are brand new and should be clean inside). My main concern with including radiators is that dirt will just be pushed inside radiators and stay there. Also not planning to commission the system for few months so not sure whether they can start corroding in that length of time?

Sponsored Links
Not a good idea pushing open ended pipes through crawl spaces - a bit of tape over the end too much to ask?

Give the system a blast through with mains water for now. If you don't want to include the rads, simply blast each run through into a bucket from the valve. Or alternatively joining the two valves together wit a bit of hose pipe.

Use mains water to drive any loose dirt out.

Flux needs to be taken out NOW ! Leaving it in the system will corrode the pipes.

The correct cleansing agent is Sentinel X 300 circulated for 2-3 hours warm ! If you are doing a few systems I cans sell you 11 bottles for £99.

If you dont want to use it or clean it then at least fill with water!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back