Cleaning Alloy Wheels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can I use Wonder Wheels on alloy wheels? The pack says it can only used on lacquered, steel or plastic wheels. Also, theres a few places where the wheels have scrapped the curb, can I still use Wonder Wheels without damaging the alloys?

Sponsored Links
All alloy wheels are laquered after manufacture...you can use Wonder Wheels no problems, whether the laquer has been scraped off or not. Its road salt that does the damage after a little kerbing. Cheers John

Thanks. Are there two types of the stuff. I saw one at the weekend that said "Professional Wheel Cleaning Kit" on the front, and I saw one today that said "Super Alloy Cleaner" on the front. The back seems to have the same description though.

Turtle wax extreme alloy cleaner for all types of wheels does a geat job.

Sponsored Links
I agree with LordBenny. TFR is amazing. Cleans engines. wheels and even under the car. I left it on a lister diesel engine overnight by mistake once and when i washed it the following morning it took the engine back to showroom condition and the grease and paint was gone. It is very caustic so dont get it on your hands. A company called Comma does a 5 ltr which makes up 25lts ready to use. Remember to rinse well!

Back