Cleaning Bricks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I need to rebuild part of a garden wall and need to clean the bricks up. Going to knock off the pieces of mortar and was going to use diluted brick acid to clean them up again. They are a sandy finish. Any tips on using the acid or what type of gloves and googles to buy?

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Rubber gloves. Plastic goggles.

If you clean them as proposed, you risk saturating them, and causing efflorescence when the wall is built.

You are better off cleaning the snots off, relaying and then cleaning it down once built.

Rubber gloves. Plastic goggles.

If you clean them as proposed, you risk saturating them, and causing efflorescence when the wall is built.

You are better off cleaning the snots off, relaying and then cleaning it down once built.

ok thanks. Its only a small section of a wall. I would prefer not to do the cleaning in situ as it is the front wall, so people will be walking by. So safer for me to do in the garden. So any rubber gloves will do?

I might just try chip away first and then try some diluted bleach initially.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back