CLEANING QUARRY TILES

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I spent hours an hours in research, theory and practice in cleaning the Quarry Tiles that were already in my property as well as replacements from Reclamation Yards. They were covered in a wide variety of substances which included, concrete, grout, cement, bitumen, adhesives, paint, and who knows what else!

This is what worked... Eventually!

All I ask for that if my tried and tested formula works for you then please give a generous donation in light of the hours that I might of saved you to The Air Ambulance... Thank You

Before starting remove as much debris from your tile using a brick hammer or paint scraper.

1) Create a solution by using dishwater tablets and boiling hot water to a container that you can leave your Quarry's in for 24hrs. The strength you'll need to dictate depending on how stubborn the debris on the tile is. More tablets mean more strength. I used about 5 tablets to 1 wheelie bin of water. Remember the solution will contain caustic acid so be careful.

2) Remove tiles and remove whatever debris that will come off with a hand brush in water. Leave to dry.

3) Apply brick acid to your tile leave for 10 minutes then scrub using a window scraper and brillo pads. Keep applying until the tile is clean. Elbow grease and hard work is the main component here. Stick with it and your tiles will shine again!

This method cleaned every tile I had and they now look fantastic.
You will need patience and a lot of hard work but don't forget " No effort no reward " and please don't forget The Air Ambulance.

Thanks and best of Luck

Matt

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back