Cleaning system after adding rads

M

marsaday

Do i need to do a clean after i have added pipework for 3 new rads in my attic. I have set it up so i have isolated this new run of pipework from the boiler until the room is built and rads are fitted to the walls etc.

But when i come to switched on so to speak, should i really be adding some cleaner and draining down after a few days ?

I also need to switch the magnaclean over from flow to the return. the plumber has put it on the flow ! Only noticed recently.

Sponsored Links
Yes, when you start using the system, you can just fill the system with plain water, add some system cleaner if you want, and run for a day or two. Then drain down and refill with the correct concentration of corrosion inhibitor.

You need to flush to get flux/solder residue and from system, plus any foreign bodies or swarf that have got in during the plumbing work.

Magnaclean need to be on the return, as close to the boiler as you can get it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back