Clear Plastic Corrugated Roofing Leaks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

We are just finishing a new animal enclosure (2m x 3.6m) on some land and the biggest headache so far has been the roof.

We decided to use clear corrugated plastic as this would let in light and also give best run off or so we thought.

We have been plauged with leaks and sags all over the place. We have run full length supports and increased the pitch angle but it still leaks.

I have tried to find someone who can supply a single sheet to cover the entire space but that is looking unlikely.

We have overlapped the sheets by 3 corrugations but water seems to seep under

Has anyone got any tips on the best way to roof?

TIA

Ian

Sponsored Links
I have tried to find someone who can supply a single sheet to cover the entire space but that is looking unlikely.
Shouldn't be a problem the nearest size available for what you need is 4m x 2.100m twinwall clear polycarbonate sheet approximately from £65

Has anyone got any tips on the best way to roof?
Any drawing, picture, photo?

Hi there

Thanks for the reply

As I am not familiar with these technologies I think I am confused (doesnt take much!)

Is a polycarbonate sheet the same as a corrugated sheet?

Are you trade - are you able to supply the material in that size or do you know of a supplier that delivers. Am south of Birmingham by about 20 miles

Ian

Sponsored Links
Small stuff.. urm assuming your spanning the main 50x50s the 2m then you really should be screwing the battens into these to make sure the whole thing acts together or your gonna get problems the first time it snows..

Those sizes would not comply with building regs but as this is just a shelter i assume your not going that route..

Chances are deflection in the joists may be causing your problems if its not all screwed together..

Photos maybe would help

Is a polycarbonate sheet the same as a corrugated sheet?
No it's better, a flat sheet, any colour and thickness
350__1_thermoclear.jpg

Are you trade - are you able to supply the material in that size or do you know of a supplier that delivers. Am south of Birmingham by about 20 miles
Should be a supplier near you, if not, they will deliver, also have a look at the glazing bar for the sheets
http://www.mrplastic.org/shipping.php?osCsid=7a48d9f4c0267e13fffd9a1a59663a1b

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back