clearwater bath taps!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone out there help me!!? I've recently bought a Clearwater heart corner bath, stand alone. My problem is how to fit the taps! The predrilled holes are 3cms deep (it's a spa bath!!) and tap threads are 5cms. My plumber tells me that fitting taps is going to be impossible....!! Clearwater have said that they haven't encountered a problem in the past but I can't seem to find a solution! Is there any way the threads on the taps can be extended to allow connection to the water pipes? help!!!!

Sponsored Links
hi there....the depth of the tap hole is 3cms deep....sorry .....can you help???? The taps have a thread of 5cms so when they are in place there's only 2cms poking out under the bath to connect to the water pipes! Hope that's clear!!?? :confused: :confused:

There must be somebody out there who can give me advice on this!!! Come on all you plumbers and diy-ers...don't let me down! Anyone know anybody who has a Clearwater bath????....they are thicker than most baths (3cms) but the company has been in business for several years so there must be a way of extendiing the thread on a tap......an extension of some sort???....HELP!!!! I'm phoning the tech dept at Clearwater on Monday so might get some info then and will certainly share my new found knowledge.... but if I don't.....!!!!! :cry: :confused:

Sponsored Links
I can't see the problem unless you aren't explaining it all.

5cm minus 3cm = 2cm of thread showing. Generally tap connectors are 1cm or less. The back nut will be about 6mm. So you should just be able to do it with a few mm to spare!

Failing that, someone will have to get busy with a flat metal file on the tap connector.

Does he want to do the job or is finding excuses not to do it?

Thanks for that!! I was beginning to think I was stupid though with other things that have happened I think I'm going to ask to see his qualifications!!! But let me get this clear.... the connection from the tap threads, going through the bath, to the water pipes is generally 1 cm and he should be able to connect my taps to the water supply..so, if that's the case, he's talking through his ballcock!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back