Click Clack waste leaks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had Click Clack wastes fitted in new bath and basin when we had our new bathroom installed recently and both leak slightly (can't leave a face cloth soaking in basin for long as water disappears and can't run a bath in advance if you want it to remain full). I'm no plumber and we had such problems with the bathroom fitters I never want them in my house again............ Is this yet another fitting cockup by them?
Any advice gratefully received.
Thanks

Regards
Amelia

Sponsored Links
Do you mean the plug doesnt go down enough for it to create a seal and keep the water in?

If so there is a screw on the bottom of th actual plug itself which you can adjust, screw it in so the plug sits lower.

Perhaps that is what I mean. I'm not familiar with the way they fit, but that makes sense, yes. Will have a look at that. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
I have had a look at the bath fitting and I can see the screw you mean so will deal with that.

When it comes to the basin it appears to be a different fitting. No screw at all. Under the chrome cover which you press to pop up and down, is a black seal and a piece which looks like a little cage (poor description but I can't think how else to describe it) which fits into the hole in the basin. The piece with the holes, like a cage, comes off if you pull it. When you click down you can see it doesn't seal and hear the water trickling away immediately.

Any further suggestions?
Many thanks

Hi Amelia,

I was just wondering if you got your waste problems fixed as I've got excatly the same problems, including the ones you had with your installer!!

Any tips for sorting are welcomed, as I've no plumbing skills at all.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back