Click Clack Waste Plug Sticky

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I had a new wash hand basin installed about a year ago and it has a click clack waste plug. When it was first installed the mechanism was very smooth but now it's starting to feel rough as I press and release. It's not actually sticking in the up or down position, but if it gets any worse it might. I'm not in a hard water area. Is there any maintenance required for these plugs to keep them operating smoothly? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I dont know anything about your click clack plug but i do know that since these ridiculous push button plugs were introduced they must have cost householders a fortune and kept many a second rate service plumber in business.

What was wrong with a rubber plug on a chain - nothing.

As for pop-up mechanisms where obstructions are actually built into the waste ... i see that you can now buy one for nearly £50.

Open the plug and grip it tightly,
Unscrew plug from waste fitting , clean and grease it's mechanism.
May work or may not.
Jeff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back