Click Clack waste stuck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My click clack waste has got jammed stuck on its way up whcih is stopping it popping up. Its jammed tight and I cant seem to depress it or unscrew the top off.

The waste is not easy to get to to replace so i'd rather not go down this route.

Any ideas??

Sponsored Links
Try using a rubber sucker, like the ones you get on kids toys or used to remove mains voltage halogen bulbs. The top of the plug will need to be nice and clean for it to work. Press it down as far as it will go, then pull up.

The problem is almost certainly a build up of scale on the metal portion, and/or distortion/deterioration of the rubber seal around the plug - but these are unique to each manufacturer and quite hard to track down.

I've not had much luck with this kind of waste, and find they all stick sooner or later.

Liek a toilet plunger but much smaller - just slightly smaller than the plug itself.

Sponsored Links
Dreadful designs these, but I did manage to free one by using a vacuum cleaner with the hose reduced with tape to take a 3/4" hose......eventually got it!
Don't fit these anymore.
John :)

Glad it's not just me having problems with them then!

You can also free some of them by removing the trap, then poking a slim screwdriver upwards to force the plug up and free it from the surrounding waste. A torch helps.

Good luck.

Managed to free the waste in the end by sliding a thin screwdriver down the side and pushing the offending black seal which was stopping it moving (thanks for pointing out the offender Chris!). As soon as I pushed it out of the way the waste sprung back into life!!

Thanks for the help and I agree these look good in principle but are impractical for every day use

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back