Click-in draught excluders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My external back door and door-frame are made of wood, were installed 13 years ago and are, for what it is worth, painted white. The top and both sides of the frame contain slots along their entire length. There are draught excluding strips made of white plastic fixed into the slots. The excluders fit into the slots so precisely that they have stayed in place for 13 years without the use of glue, pins, nails or screws. I can pull the excluders out and then click them back into exactly the same place. In places the plastic is, however, worn out. I have looked in several stores and on-line for replacements but have not been able to find any excluders of this type on sale. Is this type of draught excluder still available anywhere?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, Crank, but Q-Lon does not resemble my draught excluder. Mine does not contain any foam. It is made entirely of solid plastic - PVC or uPVC, as far as I can tell.

I have uploaded a photo.

Sponsored Links
Just in case anyone else is looking for something similar like I was and came across this ancient thread.

The secret is knowing what they are really called to then be able to search online. After 2 years of intermittent searching I found that the draught excluder that I and the OP were searching for is probably a centre leg brush/pile carrier or offset brush/pile carrier.

I had a similar problem not knowing the correct name for a "snap hook that you can crimp a chain onto" ie a Crue Hook. Doh

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back