Climapro2 working intermittently.

Hi Sam
Just an update, I out swapped the PCB last Friday (purchased a refurbished PCB).
Issue resolved.
Hi mate, I'm having the same issue with my new handset and receiver, I assume it was the PCB in the boiler that was at fault? If so where can I purchase a refurbished one from?
Many thanks in advance
Rich

Sponsored Links
Hi Rich
It's been over a week now that I have fitted main PCB and button PCB, issue resolved. After thought, it may be one or the other which was faulty.
I purchased the main PCB and button PCB together on Ebay.
Many of the Glow-Worm CX/HX models mount exactly the same PCB apparently just the multiple connections to the PCB change slightly.
Good luck.

Hi Rich
It's been over a week now that I have fitted main PCB and button PCB, issue resolved. After thought, it may be one or the other which was faulty.
I purchased the main PCB and button PCB together on Ebay.
Many of the Glow-Worm CX/HX models mount exactly the same PCB apparently just the multiple connections to the PCB change slightly.
Good luck.
Hi Norman
Thank you for the reply, I've got a heating engineer coming, to service the boiler and I'll get him to check the PCB....I'll keep you updated
Many thanks
Richard

Hi Richard
Good luck with your heating engineer. I believe when it comes to electrical issues it's beyond their scope.
Really not difficult to swap out the PCB and button controller, important to take photos before removing old PCB.
A final word of advice, don't go and purchase a new ClimaPro2 handset and receiver (£145),thinking that's where the problem is, it's not.
Yes, let me know how it goes
Regards.
Norman

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi Richard
Good luck with your heating engineer. I believe when it comes to electrical issues it's beyond their scope.
Really not difficult to swap out the PCB and button controller, important to take photos before removing old PCB.
A final word of advice, don't go and purchase a new ClimaPro2 handset and receiver (£145),thinking that's where the problem is, it's not.
Yes, let me know how it goes
Regards.
Norman
Hi Norman
Okay, I will take a look and see if it's something that I can do!
Unfortunately I bought a new handset and receiver thinking that was the problem, £150 later....
Oh well I've got a spare I guess!!
Cheers
Richard

Hi Richard
I purchased the ClimaPro2 handset and receiver too, but returned my purchase for a full refund after 2 days as the problem represented itself.
Cheers
Norman

Hi Greg
I purchased main PCB and button PCB, used from Ebay £48.
No issues to date all working.

Hi Greg
I purchased main PCB and button PCB, used from Ebay £48.
No issues to date all working.
How hard to fit pcb? Is it just a push fit connection? I replaced the climapro but still have issues

Yes, push fit connections, fairly easy to replace, take photos before removing faultyPCB. I also, as previously mentioned, replaced the ClimaPro2, thinking it was that and returned it as the problem represented itself.

Hi All

Update on my situation...

I replaced the main PCB and button PCB 2 weeks ago. No issues seen since.

I purchased both, reconditioned, from National Boiler Spares as they come with a 1 year warranty.

It was dead easy to swap out. Took less than an hour all in.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Hi All

Update on my situation...

I replaced the main PCB and button PCB 2 weeks ago. No issues seen since.

I purchased both, reconditioned, from National Boiler Spares as they come with a 1 year warranty.

It was dead easy to swap out. Took less than an hour all in.

Thanks everyone for the advice.
Nice one. Can you send me a link to the parts you got please. Mines still misbehaving once a week.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back