climate control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please offer advice on the following problem I have on a 1999 3litre s type jaguar.

The air con/climate control is not working correctly.
There is hot air coming out of the passenger side air vents but cool/cold air out of the drivers side.

Adjusting the temperature readings on the display makes no difference to anything, neither side changes temperature.

The setting can be on auto with air con on and a low temp of 19oC set for the passenger side and high 28oC for the driver side.......no change.

Tried both on Hi.......no change

Tried with auto off with air con on and off....no change.

The switches for air direction to windscreen and floor, cabin and floor etc all seem to be working ok as vents can be heard opening and closing and air being blown from corresponding vents.

The hoses feeding to and from the water heater valve are all hot when the engine has been running a short while as one would expect if the valve were working correctly. If the valve was not working I would have thought the hoses leading from the valve would have been cool/cold!

I am fairly sure that one of the hoses leading into the bulk head is quite cool compared to the others suggesting that there may be a blockage or a fault with another part that I am unaware of behind the bulk head.

Could the fault lay with the electronic heater control panel???????

Apologies for the length of this cry for help but thought it better to save people wasting time suggesting things which may not be at fault.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Sponsored Links
If there is hot air coming from the passenger side then you can rule out the hot water system.
It's going to be something to do with one of the air diverter flaps in the heater box, but good luck finding it !

Can anyone please offer advice on the following problem I have on a 1999 3litre s type jaguar.

The air con/climate control is not working correctly.
There is hot air coming out of the passenger side air vents but cool/cold air out of the drivers side.

Adjusting the temperature readings on the display makes no difference to anything, neither side changes temperature.

The setting can be on auto with air con on and a low temp of 19oC set for the passenger side and high 28oC for the driver side.......no change.

Tried both on Hi.......no change

Tried with auto off with air con on and off....no change.

The switches for air direction to windscreen and floor, cabin and floor etc all seem to be working ok as vents can be heard opening and closing and air being blown from corresponding vents.

The hoses feeding to and from the water heater valve are all hot when the engine has been running a short while as one would expect if the valve were working correctly. If the valve was not working I would have thought the hoses leading from the valve would have been cool/cold!

I am fairly sure that one of the hoses leading into the bulk head is quite cool compared to the others suggesting that there may be a blockage or a fault with another part that I am unaware of behind the bulk head.

Could the fault lay with the electronic heater control panel???????

Apologies for the length of this cry for help but thought it better to save people wasting time suggesting things which may not be at fault.

Thanks for taking the time to read.
there should be 2 solenoids either under the bonnet or inside the firewall, check if there is 12 volts to each of them, if there is voltage the solenoid is faulty, if the voltage is missing the control module/driver is faulty

Sponsored Links
Back