CLIO PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, CAN ANYONE HELP, CLIO KEEPS CUTTING OUT ..AND ABOUT TEN MINUTES LATE STARTS IF THERES NO PROBLEM AT ALL.. THIS IS HAPPENING ABOUT TWICE A DAY.. DRIVING ME NUTS... CHEERS

Sponsored Links
Temp sender would be the first thing i'd change

(seem to be saying that in most of the posts i type here lately!)

cheers for that...do i get one of those from a main dealer ? ..will i b able to change it myself or do i need to take it to a garage

Can get it from a dealer or www.gsfcarparts.com
It's just a sensor with a couple of wires going to it which screws into the head (or maybe the block)
Haynes manual 1 spanner rating i'd say :LOL:

Sponsored Links
may sound daft but check the battery terminals as well.the clios have these awful things that dont clamp on very well.mine after being sat for a few hours then started would have a poor idle and sometimes stall, cleaned up the terminals and tightened them up and it sorted it.

I would suggest TDC sensor (replace along with the small wiring loom which goes with it) - We do quite a lot at our Renault site...

If not then I would suggest checking injection wiring at rear of engine (top) where it runs through a black metal box about 4 inches square, common for chafing through here...

Gaz

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP,,, ILL GIVE IT A GO OVER THE WEEKEND ....FINGERS CROSSED :D

Back