Clock with Worcester 30CDI boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We have mechanical clock and I've noticed that it's very difficult to get the 12 hour and 24 hour clocks to match up. I.e when you turn the whole unit the internal (12 hour) spins but doesn't equate to outside (24 hour).

Is there a process where you hold the outside to line up inside first etc?

Ta

Sponsored Links
image.jpeg
Hi

Thanks for response. Attached photo showing inner clock 8.10 and outer 19.10 (I think?)

I think clock is on blink as not moving with time in addition to alignment issue. There are You Tube guides to setting but these only cover scenario where you need to ensure 3pm is 15.00 etc.

This boiler is about 10 years old now so was thinking of replacing clock with digital version etc.

Is that an option?

Ta

I'm not too sure the hands inside do that much to be honest, i think of them as a vague indicator to people who can only read analogue clocks. However,I may be corrected and learn something new.

Sponsored Links
This is much more significant problem now. The clock is obviously knackere, not ticking, moving etc. However, I am now unable to turn heating off. I've turned boiler switch to off and turned thermostat down but radiators are still on!!

When boiler was installed the power supply was connected via fused connection unit but with no switch. Do I have to remove fuse to disconnect power supply?

Have BG service contract so will ring them but just want quick fuc.

Thanks again.

Boiler not firing so must be latter, whatever that is.

To clarify, when I said boiler turned off I meant on the timer switch, not the main boiler switch.

Radiators have gone off now but not sure whether that's due to thermo being right down or the off selected as above.

Thanks

The hands to give a 12 hour analogue display.

But I have found those clocks to be very unreliable. The only good thing is that they are not too difficult to replace.

But a programmable programmer external to the boiler would give a better functionality and about the same price or only a little more.

Tony

Last edited:
Thanks. BG coming aroun tomorrow as we have maintenance contract. Am I right in thinking that they will replace the clock?

If the clock is faulty then expect him to replace it.

If you make their engineer lots of nice coffee with biscuits he MIGHT even order a digital replacement if he was very nice! You could always ask!

Tony

Thanks. They've just replaced the mechanical clock, like for like.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back