Anyone have experience of using NIBE F205?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've been in my home for a month. I'm out of the flat for 12 hours a day Mon- Fri. Have spent about 2 weekends in the flat. I don't leave lights on, things on standby etc. I'm very energy conscious. My electricity usage for the month? I've used 787 units. The only things that are on all the time are the NIBE boiler and my under the counter fridge. The pressure in the boiler dropped to just above 0 about 2 weeks ago. The building manager said this when i told him "it should be ok for now. Pressure does not normally lessen now it has settled. It will stay as it is but it will not hurt to top it up just a drop. Just drop me a text when you'ere free, and i will pop up and sort it." Two days later, i noticed a puddle of water around the boiler. A plumber came 24 hours later. He said a washer had come loose. He fixed that and turned the pressure up. 7 days later, I notice the pressure was 0. I called the building manager who said I'd have to wait until the next day for him to come to top the pressure up. Then he said he could talk me through the process. He talked me through the process. All was fine then...for a couple of days...then the pressure dropped again...so i topped it up again...pressure dropped again...just topped it up now...Personally, I think it's the boiler consuming a lot of electricity. One of my radiators is cold at the moment and hot at the top. I've bled it. No air came out, just water. I've topped the pressure up since bleeding it. I've told the building manager everything that has gone on. He said the plumber can't come until Monday. It's freezing. Snowing outside, and I daren't turn the heating above 18 degrees as my bill is already high. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back