ideal response 80 combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can any one help me my boiler just packs up for a few days then decides
to work the pressure drops quite quickly and i have to top up regularly used to happen once a month and come on after a day but now stops every two days and takes 2-3 days to come on again. Had a plumber round
and he has'nt got a clue! Anyone had any similar problems.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
see also //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22241.
(In that case, there's a leak in the HX from HW to CH. Yours may be from CH to inside of boiler combustion chamber)

After checking the pressure relief valve (pipe outside) and around all the rad valves, etc., check also very carefully that there's no sign of water under the boiler or dripping down around the pipes.

croydoncorgi said:
see also //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22241.
(In that case, there's a leak in the HX from HW to CH. Yours may be from CH to inside of boiler combustion chamber)

After checking the pressure relief valve (pipe outside) and around all the rad valves, etc., check also very carefully that there's no sign of water under the boiler or dripping down around the pipes.

The outside copper pipe is leaking. ive been told I need an expansion vessel replacement and a pressure relief valve quoted at £400 can anyone tell me if this is the ongoing price?

PRV part cost - roughly £15
Auxiliary exp. vessel (assuming you really need one and the boiler part can't be removed) about £60

About 2 - 3 hours work to fit.

You work it out, according to local rates, etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back