Problem with Ideal Response 80 Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with a Ideal Response 80 Combi Boiler.

Frequently in a morning when the timer switches the central heating on the boiler does not run and sits with the "lock out" LED lit. I have watched this behaviour and when the timer switches on the boiler, it starts the ignition routine (with the lock out LED lit which I assume means it is not detecting a flame). The boiler then lights, LED stays lit for a second or so and then the gas it switched off. The boiler then attempts to relight once more then stops.

If I power cycle the boiler it goes through the same procedure but lights normally and the performs as normal for the rest of the day. This is after the first attempt to light fails.

Is this a problem with the flame sensing thermocouple? How easy is this to replace if it is the problem. I have looked at the service guide but am not sure from that how involved the job is.

Many thanks for any advice you can offer on this problem - it is really very annoying to be cold on a morning.

Pete.

Sponsored Links
boiler then lights
Are you sure, or are you just going by the light?

It's usally pretty darned obvious when these things light so you probably mean what you say!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back