Ideal response 120 boilers - ignition problems

Sponsored Links
Given that the first tecko had spent nearly 2 hours tying to trace the fault, an couldn't find it, I'm now trying to establish if it is normally a tricky problem to diagnose, and should it be expensive to rectify.

You have not explained what a "tecko" really is!

As I said a competent boiler engineer will have encountered this fault a few times and know that he has to investigate it and that its likely to be the LP switch, the O/H stat with water dripping onto it or the pump.

All those are easy to check and it should only take 1-15 minutes to identify if it trips the RCD every time.

If it does not then someone will need a clamp on current meter able to read down to 1 mA. I have one but few others do.

We would charge in our local area £84 plus £24 fro LP SW, £17 for o/h stat and £65 for a general pump head and all plus parking costs!

I do not feel grumpy! Posting your own thread results in a more orderly forum structure and makes searching for similar problems easier.

This problem has been written about every few weeks.

Tony

Thanx Tony,

I see you are an experienced poster here, but this was my first visit, so no idea about the history of the site.

So lets move on eh.

I understand the 'Tecko' was the guy who originally installed the boiler, but he may be good at installations, but not at diagnosing problems. I think he eliminated the pump, room stat, and disconnected a couple of printed circuit panels. I was there and re-setting the breaker for him each time his elimination process failed. But I did get the impression that he was struggling as he took the 'phone a friend' option almost as soon as he removed the front cover.

The house is in NW2,,, which area do you cover?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back