Ideal Response 120 does light but for 5 seconds only...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
and then it goes off, leaving led2 on PCB 37lit. Before this to happen it ignites and heat the tap water for 5 to 10 seconds then the water turns into cold again. Well, this is less then IDEAL and I would be grateful for any helpful RESPONSE.

Sponsored Links
Call out Ideal on a fixed price call. They made this cr*p let them fix it.

A lot of engineers won't even come out to this boiler, myself included.

Quite possibly heat exchanger leaking.
Prepare yourself for a new boiler :cry:

Thank you to both of you for your quick answer, even if they are rather disappointing (nevertheless not fully unexpected :( )
Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
I'v only got a year's experience so I wouldn't put any money on it (unless its not mine :D ); It seems to me that it's a flame rectification problem; new rectification electrode req'd or worse case, PCB shot!

Hope this helps

I'v only got a year's experience so I wouldn't put any money on it (unless its not mine :D ); It seems to me that it's a flame rectification problem; new rectification electrode req'd or worse case, PCB shot!

Hope this helps

Unfortunately your lack of experience shows in this case!

You are right thats its a flame detection problem but almost certainly its as a result of water leaking on that model.

New boiler time!

Tony

Well it could be that the wire's fallen off the detection electrode!
BUt I declared yet another Response dead due to leaking hex, yesterday. An 80, for a change.

[/quote]

Unfortunately your lack of experience shows in this case!

You are right thats its a flame detection problem but almost certainly its as a result of water leaking on that model.

New boiler time!

Tony[/quote]

I called out Ideal I hope they can repair their cr*p! Thank you

It might have been cheaper to call an independent!

Does anyone know what Ideal charge when its a leaking HE and thus irrepairable?

Tony

~Ideal told me it would be 175+VAT if anything but the HE is wrong, and an extra 180 if it was the HE. It is still cheaper than a new one, I think.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back