troubles with response 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1) Boiler make / model (gas or oil)
ideal Response 80
2) What is / is not happening.
when the hot water tap is on the system starts for up as normal it heats the water for 10 secs then the LED 2 lockout lights up water goes cold .
putting the CH on produces the same fault.
I checked the water pressure switch it is closed circuit between term 1 & 3
the water pressure gauge reads 1.5 bar
3) Has ANYTHING else been done or changed recently.

4) When did the problem start?
today
5) When does it happen? eg, heating coming on or going off.
Heating going on
6) Anything else you feel may be of relevance.

Any thoughts appreciated , further tests etc

thanks

Sponsored Links
Oh dear :cry:

The fault you describe usually means your heat exchanger has failed which means new boiler. Its leaking onto the electrodes and shorting the flame rectification.

Perhaps BG do a fixed price repair :D

Oh dear :cry:

The fault you describe usually means your heat exchanger has failed which means new boiler. Its leaking onto the electrodes and shorting the flame rectification.

Perhaps BG do a fixed price repair :D

Not on a response heat exchanger we dont!
I think ideal are doin a trade in deal on response's, unfortunately it des mean getting another ideal put in

could be that there is no water going through heat exchanger so its over heating an locking out? cheak if pump is running

Sponsored Links
Get Ideal in. They made these heaps of ****e, so let them fix them :mad:

New boiler time (and don't get another ideal!). Have a look at Vaillant, glow worm and worcester bosch.

bolier back up & working now ....
hot water temp seems high ,well over 50deg c
how hot should it be , there is no hw temp control on this boiler only ch temp i have set that to min

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back