Close coupled kit, advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I got the toilet from wickes, then bought the close-coupled kit from Screwfix, unfortunately, I didn't realise this is one of the toilets with two holes in the cistern for bolting the cistern to the pan. So, I figured I can keep the doughnut, at least it seems the right size and shape, but what about the bolts? The bolts I've got are too large for the cistern holes, and they have a square section, which is going to potentially crack the cistern.

So is there a kit for this, or is there some place I can get the right bolts?

thanks,
s.

Sponsored Links
where are the bolts/do-nut washer that came with the system ?

Sounds like you have brought a close couple kit with the fixing plate.

Cool username.... do you smoke a pipe? :rolleyes:

Any proper plumbers merchant will sell the kit including washers etc to pull the cistern down to the pan.

Seco? - Darn, beat me to it, thats twice tonite..

DH

I've heard Seco is very quick.......................sometimes it's not a good thing!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Andy

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have brought a close couple kit with the fixing plate.
Yup, but what's the other one called, does it have a name? What do I ask for? Or do I just ask for "Close-coupled-kit-for-cistern-with-holes-in-it". I can't believe I have to go to a plumbers merchant to get a fixing kit for a toilet that comes from Wickes, and neither Screwfix, B&Q or Wickes do the fitting kit. How crap is that? :rolleyes:. I'll try City Plumbing...

thanks,
S.

Wheres the original they come with the kit.
Go to wickes and tell them you didn't get one.
Ahh... I see what you mean. no, it didn't come with the fixing kit, but it also didn't come with any flush mechanism either so I assumed i had to get my own. in fact the cistern was too small for a standard float valve and I had had to 'adapt' the one from Screwfix to make it fit. now it's clear - they may have sold me the suite with bits missing!

thanks for the tip!
S.

Sounds like a clearance item where all the important bits were missing!

Did it come with a lid or was it open vented?

Those are very cheap for a reason!

Not when they are clearance items with bits missing!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back