Clothes smelling different since problem (no heat?)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had this issue ( //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=138933 ) a few monthd back. The machine works now, but the dryer still doesn't.

That isn't the end of the world, but the clothes haven't smelt right since.

What could be causing this? It doesn't error or stop on a wash, we've done 3 a week for months with no issues...

Maybe a blocked waste pipe?

Any advise appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If you had the machine out and re-installed without checking the hose has not dropped the waste kitchen sink water can be syphoned back into machine in between washes causing nasty smells.Hose should be higher than waste outlet at some point to avoid this.

I'll take a look. But if I remember, the outlet on the machine is fairly high up, and the join to the waste pipe is low.

redone the hose and put it on a dry. Worked, didnt error. Then done a 95degree wash to try to get rid of smell.

Cant believe we haven't noticed, but I now think the heating element is broken!

The dry clothes weren't hot, and nor was the wash!

Any idea how easy to replace that?

Sponsored Links
woo. It's working! I just hope it works for good.

I took the pump filter out, again, and it had a few things in it. So cleared these out. Then i detached the waste pipe from the pump and noticed some string (!) where the motor was, so got some computer tweezers out to grab it.

Not thinking that was enough, I read on an other forum about the thermostat, and how to reset it. So thought i'd give it ago.

Take the top off the machine, looking down from the front, there is a metal panel/tube. near the front on the right hand side there is a black sensor, the size of a 2p coin, with 2 cables attached. In the center of this is a painted dot (red,blue, yellow etc), I pushed a pin into this and it made a click. That meant the thermostat had been reset.

Put the machine on dry for 30 mins and it worked! Its not on a 95degree wash with dry to try and get rid of the smell.

This is the website i got my info from: http://www.howtomendit.com/answers.php?id=125258 - thanks to that man!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back