Cloudy water?! PRESSURE?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am getting cloudy water, from all taps/showers hot AND cold. If I put it in a glass it clears from the bottom up, so I presume it's loads of air bubbles? Thing is, can I sort this out? I know there is nothing wrong with it, but it looks disgusting especially when you have people over and they must look at it and go errrr!!!

By the way, I only started getting this after fixing a tap and must be because I switched off the water supply? I have opened the mains tap to full/half etc but it still does it?!

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
It will be loads of fine air bubbles. Mine does it too, mainly with the hot water.

Looks weird but I've never been bothered by it. As you say, it clears after a few seconds.

Yeah, I just wanted to know, there must be a way of curing this prob?! It never used to do it?!

We have got guests staying soon and I would like to sort it by then!

Cheers

If it never used to do it, all I can guess is that the tap which you have replaced isn't quite fit correctly and is sucking in air as you draw water from it.

Seriously though, I wouldn't worry about it. Both my old flat and my current house do it all the time. Apparently, it's more common in hard water areas, but it's definately not any kind of sediment in the water.

I thought it looked kind of cool, not disgusting. I'm sure your guests won't bother about it the instant it clears.

Sponsored Links
It's in the water supply, and there's nothing you can do about that.

There's nothing disgusting about it, but if you're concerned then call your water supplier.

Possibly an aerating nozzle might cause the bubbles to disperse on the way out of the tap, but otherwise just put it out of your mind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back