Clutch failed. Peugot Partner Teepee.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, driving home from town today and I could feel a slight vibration in my clutch pedal. I could also hear a rattling sort of noise when I depressed the pedal but this disappeared when I lifted my foot off.
Now I really don't know much about cars, (picture writing on the back of a postage stamp and I would still have room at the bottom! LOL), but I managed to nurse the car 9 miles home in 4th gear averaging 30-35mph.
Can anyone give me a ball park figure on how much a full clutch replacement would cost? I'm looking at worst case scenario where everything has to be replaced as I believe sometimes you just need a new plate. I would prefer a full unit for future proofing. As I have no idea if it would cost £100 or £500 I would appreciate some sort of figure that I could work around when seeking quotes.

By the way, it is a 60 reg with 62,000 on the clock and I drive approximately 70 miles a day every day.

Sponsored Links
I haven't done a clutch on your particular vehicle, but it's probably your thrust bearing that's faulty. Either way it needs the gearbox out for clutch inspection, and the labour for doing this is where most of the cost comes from. A full clutch kit from an aftermarket supplier will probably be around £100, plus a half shift of labour, budget somehere around £300-400 all in.

Conny, best check out if your car has a dual mass flywheel.....if it has then the price will rocket if it needs replacing. As Alan says, your noise is typical of a release bearing going AWOL - if a bit premature.
John :)

Sponsored Links
John, haven't got a clue what one of them is but will look it up tomorrow to try and find out. Cheers mate.

It probably will have, but there's no guarantee its on the way out......if it was mine I'd probably go for one if only due to the labour cost getting to it. Not cheap though but no way would I have a dealer supplied one.
I'd go for a LUK or Valeo, I think.
John :)

Yes it's diesel. Will be asking for quotes from the two garages in my village and probably a third from someone in town. Working on the principle the guys in the village will be fair and good as, if they are not, word might get round and they will eventually lose out on some good local work.

Doesn't the plastic input shaft sleeve wear on PSA gearboxes? Luckily it's cheap.

Quotes from the two garages in our village are it will be around £450-£500
Quote from a bigger firm in the town centre £650 + VAT
Decided to go with the lads in the village who do my MOT. They do a good job and have sorted minor jobs, (i.e. number plate bulb blown so fitted a new one), completely free of charge. They also explain the emission readings and what they are looking for when they are checking things like brake reaction, steering play etc.

Sponsored Links
Back