co on ecotecs and greenstars

The only boiler I can think which doesnt have an outer case seal would be Kestons. But but they're excellent boilers so no need to worry about them.

Don't they have a "fusable link" (i think that its name).

A fuse type thingy that blows if the temp in the case gets too high.

Sponsored Links
The only boiler I can think which doesnt have an outer case seal would be Kestons. But but they're excellent boilers so no need to worry about them.

Don't they have a "fusable link" (i think that its name).

A fuse type thingy that blows if the temp in the case gets too high.

Yeah but the one I went to managed to do a hell of a lot of damage before it blew. Awful things

Sponsored Links
Where called fuseable links on old duct airs and chaff multipoint come boiler

All the models you mentioned have been tested and approved.
They are also all negative pressure.
Not a lot to worry about methinks.

How are the ecotecs negative pressure when the fan is blowing through the burner?

How are the ecotecs negative pressure when the fan is blowing through the burner?

was going to say the same thing. any boiler with a zero governor and pre mix are positive pressure abeit in a sealed chamber within a sealed chamber which makes it less of an issue than the traditional posi pressure boilers.

Pressure in the case is lower than outside the case.
Your argument is of course also true.
:confused:
What is the exact official definition of "negative pressure"?

I dont see anything wrong with your own defination that "the pressure in the case is lower than outside".

The whole point is that a hole or failed seal will not cause POC to flow out of the boiler under pressure.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back