co on ecotecs and greenstars

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi. im relatively new to gasbut something just dawned on me while servicing. eoctec plus ecomax and worcester greenstars. if poc air leaking back into the air intake since theres no case seal ( unlike the cheaper ecotec pro's and glowworm cxi sxi isnt this potentially lethal? i cant believe they dont have that extra cover like glowworms and ecotec pros. was at the valliant training course and asked this. trainer said there has never been a co incident on valliants relating to my concern!!! bit freaked out about this. boss said take off cover and do visuall ie melting of plastic intakes!!!!help

Sponsored Links
Never had a greenstar with flue problems. The leak would have to be pretty massive to cause a dangerous situation. I don't install ecotecs or gloworms so can't comment on those.
It is well worth getting access to cc if you are new to the industry.

all ecotecs and ecomaxs are essentially the same in terms of arrangement of heat engine and case, so not sure what your on about. They all have a foam backed outer case which acts as a seal and doubles up as sound proofing and insulation.

im pressuming your on about the call for a check on both vaillants and gloworms about the seal.on band A boilers.

Sponsored Links
im pressuming your on about the call for a check on both vaillants and gloworms about the seal.on band A boilers.

thats what i thought the op was on about but if not i aint got a clue whats hes on about :confused:

Maybe the boss is one of those guys that doesn't trust anything that weighs less than 100 kg, and doesn't stand on the floor.
" been doing this for 34 years............."

im on about if the flue has a defect and poc are seaping back into the air intake on the flue, given these boilers have no extra seal on the cover ( unlike glowworms) then there is a chance that poc can reenter. that foam aint a seal, its just noise reducer. also how many ecotecs and ecomax have you seen where the cover is latched on , screwed from bottom but two bottom clips not latched on to boiler!! all the time!!!!all im saying is i wonder why valliant have now got that extra cover on the glowworm range and ecotec pro range but not ecotec.ecomax.!!

Worcester Greenstars all have a case seal.

Big black rubber thing looking at you when you take off the outer case. :LOL:

All the models you mentioned have been tested and approved.
They are also all negative pressure.
Not a lot to worry about methinks.

The only boiler I can think which doesnt have an outer case seal would be Kestons. But but they're excellent boilers so no need to worry about them.

The only boiler I can think which doesnt have an outer case seal would be Kestons. But but they're excellent boilers...
You might find you are one of the few with that opinion, at least on this forum :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back