Coax Cable Undergroud

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
thinking of running RG6 coax cable undergroud. only around a couple of inch under and a 25m run, but will i experience any issues. read on a few other forums that i may experience rot in a few years. just wondering if anyone else has done this or had issues.

Sponsored Links
Common problems besides rot which you already mentioned - animals chewing through it; forgetting it's there and putting a spade through it

Solutions - either buy armoured RG6 cable or put it in flexible conduit as protection.

BTW, if you're going to the trouble of burying some cable I'd alway recommend running a spare and a couple of CAT5 or CAT6 cables while you have a trench open.

:)

cheers ChrisFrost.

im running a pair anyway, but no need for an extra as thats enuff. i def wont be digging it up again as its running alongside kerb edging on the drive to my shed.

know anywhere to get the armoured stuff?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back