coaxle cable splitters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a 3 way splitter coming out of the r.f. out on the back of my sky box, i cable goes to my kitchen and telly works ok, when i put the other wire into the 3 way splitter for the telly in lounge it works ok, but the telly goes of in the kitchen, dont know why is it the spitter im using , it is just a normal splitter with one female and two males

Sponsored Links
If it looks something like one of these then the problem is that the signal gets halved. It's called a passive splitter because it simply divides the signal between the two displays. The reduced signal probably isn't enough for the kitchen TV.

What you need is an active splitter. That's one that plugs in to the mains and has an amplifier to restore 100% signal level on both outputs. Supermarkets sell these simple boosters for less than £15 or £20

thanks for the reply i will buy one 2 morrow and hopefully b ok, thanks for that kind regards raywil77

Sponsored Links
Use rf1 output for main telly and rf2 for kitchen. Mine works fine. With a by-pass you can also use remote in kitchen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back