HDMI splitter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can anyone recommend a HDMI splitter please? I am wanting to run sky hd from the living room box to the kitchen tv - other side of the wall.

So, cable from sky box to splitter.
Cable from splitter to living room tv, another cable from splitter to the kitchen tv.

I have bought a iSolem two way splitter but it doesn't work, going back tomorrow.

So, has anyone got any recommendations for a 2 way HDMI splitter?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
The problem is the sky box not the splitter. HDMI splitters draw power from the source, in your case the sky box. Sky boxes are cannot drive HDMI splitters. You will have to get one that comes with a power supply.

The iSolem does have a separate power source, usb cable supplied. I tried plugging the power cable into the USB port of the sky box and a socket using an iPhone charger plug. Both indicated power was getting to the splitter, but no joy (possibly could have been faulty)

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
"-Support DTS, Dobby, 7.1 channel audio".

Dobby support is good. I wonder if it also supports Harry Potter. ;)

But, seriously, I didn't know that USB-powered splitters were available. That's a good idea.

The power output of the USB socket is likely to be greater than that of the HDMI socket. However, I don't have the specifications available.

Were they intended to be plugged into equipment style USB sockets or rather a plug power supply that has a USB connection?

I've tried a splitter like the one posted above and it gave a really dodgy picture, if a picture at all. I just use the normal tv out/rf2 cable and connect a magic eye on the end so I can change channels from the other room

I also ran a coax from my sky box* to my second TV (upstairs) so I can use a magic eye to change channels. The RF TV output signal is pretty poor for a bigger TV, HDMI is 100x better.
* Newer sky HD boxes don't have RF outputs as standard, I had to buy an adaptor.
Instead of running a long HDMI cable I also bought HDMI over CAT6 adaptors, these have the ability to run the remote control signal but I didn't want it turning my downstairs TV on/off!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back