Coffee stain 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone out there provide me with a fool proof, guaranteed way to remove a dried black coffee stain from a beige carpet????

Sponsored Links
Apparently you can use glycerin to remove it but I've never tried this method. I've normally used the totally unapproved way of using persil liquid and loads of water which seems to get most stains off. You're not meant to soak carpet etc, etc but if you've got a stain you've either got to get rid of it or live with it!!

Thanks i will give the glycerin a go and report back if it works! If not i will cry!

Sponsored Links
Dont ask me as i still have a coffee stain!!!!! However in my quest for the answer, i have heard that Soda Water and Bicarbonate of Soda work wonders. Also white vinegar! Could try them????

Oh well, glycerin's off the list then :( . You could try a professional carpet cleaning company (although you've probably thought of that one already). I suppose the problem is now that the stain is well and truly dried and set.

hi there, I don,t know whether you,ve got an old piece of carpet that you could try this on. I was advised by 2 carpet fitters to put WD40 on any stain and that would remove it.
Needless to say that I thought they had just been let out for the weekend and no way would I try it.
I didn,t have an old piece of carpet anyway to try it on.
As I say if you are going to try it (but I haven,t) Use an old piece first.
Good luck
Muppett said:
Please can someone out there provide me with a fool proof, guaranteed way to remove a dried black coffee stain from a beige carpet????
:idea:

Funny you should say that. I managed to lift a black mark off some material the other week with WD 40 but then had to use detergent to remove the WD 40!

hi there,
since posting a reply I told a friend of mine about your problem and he said there are loads of tips about stains on the web.
type stains in GOOGLE and hopefully you might find help there.
good luck

I no how 2 get rit of it gust use this step bye step ting 1.Mix one teaspoon of a mild ph balanced detergent (a mild non alkaline non bleaching detergent) with a cup of lukewarm water
2.Blot
3.Mix one third cup of white household vinegar with two thirds cup of water
4.Blot
5.Sponge with clean water
6.Blot

Sorry, It was IanDB that suggested glycerine wasn't it.
Muppet, did you try the Glycerine?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back