Cold House following Pressure Vessel Repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a cold house following a recent pressure vessel repair.

The house is nearly 8 yrs old, fitted with a 2.0kw Ariston combi boiler and 15 radiators. The house has been warm with no temperature issues since being built.

The pressure relief valve was jammed open for the first 2 years, fixed with no issue.

The pressure recently went from 0 to 3 bar, and the fault was the pressure vessel, which was pumped back up.

Since the pressure vessel repair the house cannot be made warm regardless of playing with radiators, pressure etc.

The repair company are saying it is underdesigned, and the repair causing the coldness (immediately after the repair) was simply a coincidence (after nearly years).

Not convinced the pump is working effectively as after having the boiler on for 15 mins the exit pipe was only luke warm.

Their recommendation is for an expensive pressure flush. I am not convinced and belief their repair has caused another problem, hence am awaiting a visit from another company for a second opinion.

Any views, or should I simply accept the coincidence after such a long time of working properly and go ahead with the expensive flush?

Sponsored Links
Why 2 posts about the same installation? You just confuse everything by describing things differently on both posts.

Was trying to separate the design issues from the ongoing repair/poor performance.

As there were no temp issues before I think we can eliminate poor system design.Over pressurising would not mean you now need a powerflush.What evidence have they provided that the system is blocked?Pipe from boiler only warm after 15 mins is a concern and 1st thing toget checked is the boilers performance.Need to check gas pressures but more importantly gas rate the boiler and check pump performance.This must be a Gassafe engineers job.When you say that the PRV was jammed open for 2 yrs does that mean you were constantly having to refill your system?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for you response. I was not convinced it was an under-design problem (this will prob take a few more years to become a problem), despite the arrogance of the heating engineer during the second visit stating that this was the only cause.

If only he had taken the time to open the boiler during his 1 hr rant that he was right and I was wrong.

Had a second opinion this morning, and it was simply that the wire modulation coil/gas valve had not been reconnected.

All working fine now.

Your 1st "engineer" could not have completed safety checks as the gas valve was disconnected(plonker) Glad to be of help. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back