Cold Kitchen Floor solutions.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Forgive me if this has been asked already. I had a look at the wiki and the information on the mainsite and got some ideas but just thought I pick someones brain a bit :)

we are in the middle of a house extension and need to come up with a flooring solution for the kitchen. Being up in Aberdeen the floor is pretty cold. Currently we just have some what looks like chipboard screwed down into some timber beams which is about 0.5ft above the foundations as a floor. Id imagine we are losing a lot of heat through the floor with this setup.
I was wondering what you guys would recommend for the floor. I did look at those electric underfloor heating mats but if my calculations were right my 16m^2 floor would cost about 600 quid to run every winter and about 1k to buy and have installed. Thats a little out of our price range :)

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back