Cold pipes running with condensation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have recently replaced an ancient boiler/tank with a combi. On checking the tank cupboard, we discovered the cold water feeds to the two flats above pass through the cupboard, and both are wet, as is our cold water pipe, both black poly and copper. You can see the beads of water dripping from the horizontal sections of the 15mm copper pipe. Needless to say I have checked for leaks, and there are none!

I am considering lagging all the cold pipes with the foam lagging, including the two going to the other flats to try to reduce the condensation. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Unfortunately the tank cupboard is not on an outside wall, so installing a vent is a non-starter

Sponsored Links
Insulating the cold water pipes will greatly reduce the condensation. Theres not much more you can do i'm afraid. Cold pipe in warm room creates condensation.

Update:

All cold water pipes insulated with 15/22mm lagging, just the regular stuff, not the extra thick. There is now no condensation on the pipes, and the pipes are dry if the lagging is peeled back for inspection. Problem solved for under a fiver plus a little bit of effort.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back