Pipe condensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In one of the offices at the school where I work there is a 22 mm cold water pipe running along one wall (mains fed) about 8 foot high. When the room is warm the condensation from this pipe drips onto desks and other furniture. I am re-decorating the room and I want to lag the pipe to try to reduce the condensation. However, I want to paint the lagging with the same emulsion I am using on the walls - I think this will look better.

Can anyone recommend a suitable lagging that can be painted ?

Sponsored Links
No, but why not lag with climaflex insulation or similar and box in. Or it may even be possible to take a piece of 40mm waste pipe, slit it down the middle using circular saw and use this to cover the climaflex, should work if you use 9mm wall climaflex. :idea:

just go to merchants/b and q and ask for copper pipe insulation....its grey/dark silver and foamy.
put this on the pipes.....can be cut at any angle and duct tape helps it stay in place (for ur purpose any sticky tape) and then paint it

Sponsored Links
Thankyou.

The reason I asked about it here was that I had already tried Travis Perkins (the school has an account with them). The people at TP said that their pipe lagging was foam and can't be painted. I'll try B&Q or one of the local plumbing centres.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back