cold rad after having towel warmer installed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Just had a new bathroom fitted which included a shiny new towel rail. Since then however the hall rad is stone cold! I made sure both valves were open which they were. I then bleed the rad but no air came out, just water. checked the TRV pin but that is moving freely. Both pipes to it are cold. I bleed all other rads in house just in case (they all work fine). Standard boiler/hot water tank/gravity fed system. Also had fancy pumped shower installed when bathroom was done.

Think i may have an air lock??? How else can i get air out of system?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Basics first. heating on, pump full speed, turn off all other rads except hall, see if this pushes it through

will give it a go tonight. Do i just need to turm TRV's to 0 position or should i close locksheild valves as well????

Sponsored Links
turned all trv's to 0 apart from hall rad. Pump on full speed and left for 30 mins. No luck though!

Any more ideas????

are you 150% certain both valves fully open, not just stuck tight? Is there a drain point on or under this rad? If so you could try shutting one valve at a time and draining some water out to see if any air lock< what colour/state is the water coming out. Perhaps blocked with sludge etc. Try taking off hall rad and flushing out side with hose?

water is ok in colour, slight grey tinge but nothing major. Thinking of taking rad off and open trv with a bucket underneath to see if i get water out, the pipes to the rad are cold so i think the airlock is in the circulation system. No drain valve on this rad.

Pipes to rad will be cold because no circulation through rad. Check both valves and flush out rad outside aftyer trying bucket treatment

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back